Last Modified: March 10, 2023
What Information We Collect
When you visit the Sites, Corozal Animal Program and its service providers may collect Personal Information that you provide, such as your name, address, email address, and payment information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person.
In addition, Corozal Animal Program and its service providers use a variety of techniques to gather other information about your use of the Sites, including, among other things, your IP address, browser type, mobile device type, content visited while on the Sites, and the duration of your visit to the Sites. “Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual.
How We Collect Information
Corozal Animal Program and its services providers collect Personal Information that you provide while using the Sites, either directly or through other user actions, including, without limitation, any Personal Information provided or otherwise obtained while the Sites web pages are open. For instance, Corozal Animal Program gathers information when you fill out forms on the Sites, including, for example, e-newsletter sign-up forms, donation forms, surveys and advocacy action alerts. We may also use analytics that enable us to obtain your Personal Information based on your use of the Sites, including, for example, your clicks on Sites pages and page elements as well as information entered into the Sites’ html form fields, regardless of whether the form is submitted. We may supplement the information we collect from you with information we collect from and about you from other online and offline sources, such as public databases, social media platforms and from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms. For example, if you choose to connect your social media account to your Site account, certain Personal Information from your social media account will be shared with us. This may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
We and our service providers may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- We use “cookies” to help us monitor traffic and collect information about use of the Sites. Cookies are pieces of data placed on your device when you visit the Sites that help us recognize you when you come back to the Sites, allowing us, for instance, to remember the email address and password you use when you log in on a specific computer. Corozal Animal Program uses the aggregated information collected from cookies to measure the number of visits to the Sites, the average time spent on the Sites, the identity and number of pages viewed, aid in interest-based advertising with our partners, and to gather other traffic data and information that allows us to improve the Sites. We also use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, and to personalize your experience while using the Sites. Cookies further allow us to select which of our content is most likely to appeal to you and display it while you are on the Sites.
- Corozal Animal Program also uses a variety of third-party web and mobile app analytics and optimization services to improve the Sites and enhance the visitor experience. For examples, the Sites use web analytics services that may record mouse clicks, mouse movements, scrolling activity, text you type in the Sites, and similar activity. The Sites do not use these services to collect any personally identifiable information not otherwise provided by you in using the Sites, and they do not track your browsing habits across other third-party websites on our behalf.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Sites and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Sites and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). We may also send anonymized and/or securely hashed data to our vendors to determine the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with it, please visit https://optout.networkadvertising.org/and https://www.aboutads.info/.
- We may use pixel tags and other similar technologies to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Sites, measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about use of the Sites and response rates.
- Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, and Internet browser type and version.
- We may collect your IP address, which is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is a common practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Sites.
- When you download and use our mobile applications (each, an “App”), we may track and collect App usage data, such as the date and time the App on your device accesses our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the App based on your device number.
- We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content.
- Information that you provide, such as your preferred means of communication, does not personally identify you unless it is combined with your Personal Information.
- We may aggregate Personal Information. Aggregated information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Sites (for example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
How We Use Collected Information
Corozal Animal Program may use your Personal Information:
- To send you information about Corozal Animal Program or Corozal Animal Program partners.
- To personalize your interactions with Corozal Animal Program, such as to customize your web and email content based on your interests, send you requests to participate events in your area and otherwise target content and communications to you.
- To respond to inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as to process donations, renew your membership, or send you information about a project, as well as to provide membership services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as information regarding the Sites and changes to tour terms, conditions, and policies.
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information.
- To facilitate social sharing functionality.
- For our purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products and services, enhancing, improving or modifying the Sites, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our activities, some of which may be shared or used by our vendors and their technologies and tools.
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- To our partners, our approved vendors, and their service providers.
- To our third party service providers and online advertising entities who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis & campaign measurement, payment processing, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, auditing, and other similar services.
- To third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions.
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials. Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public and may be available to users of the Sites and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Sites.
- To a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our operations, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
We may also use and disclose your Personal Information as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat Other Information as Personal Information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information. In some instances, we may combine Other Information with Personal Information. If we do, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information as long as it is combined.
How Can You Control Collection of Your Information?
- Set your web browser to inform you of when cookies are being set before a cookie is stored and refuse any request to set cookies, and do not accept cookies from Corozal Animal Program. Erase all Corozal Animal Program cookies from your hard drive.
- Do not provide your information when prompted by the Sites.
Please note, however, that if you choose to reject or erase cookies, your ability to navigate the Sites may be limited. Further, in the event you choose not to share information, Corozal Animal Program will be unable to respond to your request for Corozal Animal Program information, enter you in any sweepstakes or contests, or send online postcards.
If you would like to request that Corozal Animal Program not share your Personal Information with our third-party partners and service providers for their marketing purposes, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Can You Stop Receiving Communications from Corozal Animal Program?
If you would like to opt out of receiving content from Corozal Animal Program, you can:
- Take the opportunity to opt out in links on the bottom of marketing email Corozal Animal Program sends to you.
- Send an email to email@example.com
Does Corozal Animal Program Collect Information from Children?
Corozal Animal Program does not knowingly collect Personal Information from anyone under the age of 13. The Sites are not directed at children under the age of 13. In the event that Corozal Animal Program learns that it has collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have collected any Personal Information from a child under 13, please contact us.
Personal Information Collected through Meta Platforms
You have the right to ask for any Personal Information collected through use of any Meta Platforms, Inc. platform (“Meta Personal Information”) to be changed or deleted at any later time. If you have questions or concerns regarding your Meta Personal Information, including requests for deletion, please fill out this form.
The Sites are controlled and operated by us from Belize and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country, or territory other than that of Belize. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and, by using the Sites, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than those of your country.